Tuesday, September 14, 2010

i earned a gold star today!


went to post office to pick up a parcel...this place was packed ...i drew my number...this little asian fella watched me and shrugged....apparently, he didnt know that one needs to take a number to be helped by our postal service....poor little fella...


what saundoggy did next was extraordinary....i dont know why i did this....if you know me, you will be shocked....i traded my number with the little asian feller...i felt bad that he was just standing there...all hopeless...waiting for a govt worker to help him...that aint gunna happen unless one follows the standard operating procedure protocol.....poor bastard...one must draw the NUMBER...and wait for the fat black lady to call your name....you show said lady your number...you dont give eye contact...you look down...and u state your bidness....3 hours later, you are able to leave...i digress...the real saundoggy wouldve laughed at this guy and let him hang in govt bureaucratic hell.....strokin my way towards self centered island....


so i gave this little yeller feller my number...i took his.....it was rush hour so the spread in numbers between mine and his was 7 ....7 in post office time equals 30 minutes....give or take 10 minutes...this little old lady (reminded me of dear ole mom) turned to me and said.."you have earned a gold star today!" i bet she was a teacher....i never got the gold star when i was in grade skewl...spent most of my time in or near the principals office....i was adhd before adhd was cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment