Wednesday, August 25, 2010

aarp card? wtf?


i turn 45 this december...i received my aarp card(s) and activation form today....id already received one about 2 months ago...so thats 2 times now someone is telling me im getting old...why am i getting one of these anyway...arent they 5 years early?



age is a funny thing....some focus on just the number itself...some dont give a shit about the number and just live life....at 16 you get to drive.....18 you get to vote and get shot at by taliban....21 you get to drink makers mark...used to be many retire at 65...now many retire at 70...huge parties for 13 year old jewish kids...sweet 16 for some...wifey threw me a surprise bday bash at 30....wifey sent me on a golf trip with friends for my 40...my dad was so excited to reach 70 because he could ski for free...that didnt last long tho...poor guy couldnt breathe in the high altitudes..so much for achieving that goal in life....ski hill ownin bastards all know it too...they know exactly when people wont be able to ski for free....i can hear em now...behind the ticket counter..."look at that old bastard....wonder how long hell last ?" dangle and pull....




for me...i look like im 45 (ok watever)...feel like im 85....act like im 15... some say 13...some say 18...so we compromise)...i refuse to grow up and that refusal causes tension..and plenty of it....its difficult for me to be a "good example" for my kid folk....its very hard....when dad wins every fart competition (not even close) it gets even more difficult... my refusal to grow up is single handily the most difficult challenge that wifey has ever attempted to overcome...she will get there briefly...then...dangle and pull...there i go off to teenage waste land...fart contest time...dad wins again!!










No comments:

Post a Comment